Monday, August 17, 2009

Blast you mootools

It was a tough weekend for programming. I tried and tried to get mootools working. The biggest lesson I learned. That it is almost imposable to get anything done and be a dad at the same time. One of the two has to fall by the way side. Over the weekend it was the game that suffered. I did get my svn repository set up. I have been using beanstalk and I am pretty happy with it. For a small code base it works pretty good.

Tonight it was time to figure out what is wrong with mootools. I found a single test line to make sure that it was loaded right. That worked, but I still kept getting undefined from all my calls to do anything. The the lighting bolt hit me. (Man it has been a while since I have done javascript seriously.) You can call a element that hasn't loaded yet. I felt like an idiot. Two days development wasted on such a simple little thing. Oh well. So be it.

No comments:

Post a Comment